SharpSwimmer Search Manager
Industry: Marketing and Advertising
Employment type: Full-time
Experience: Mid-Senior level
Job function: Marketing, Sales
SharpSwimmer is one of the largest interactive agencies in the world and currently has more than 2,000 employees in 20 offices in seven countries (Australia, China, France, Germany, Japan, the United Kingdom and the United States) focusing exclusively on digital marketing and technology. Each office is filled with opportunities for people who want to invent the digital future. It’s a big challenge, but it’s a big Internet, and there’s work to be done. LinkedIn ranked SharpSwimmer the 15th most in-demand employer in the U.S. and the 31st worldwide and last year we were included on Ad Age’s A-List for the second year in a row – the first for any digital agency.
Search Managers work closely within our integrated client teams executing day-to-day campaign management, quarterly planning and collaborating with broader team to deliver strong business results.
This is a junior-level position within the Search department.
(my editor notes; How can this be a junior-level AND a Mid-Senior level job at the same time?)
- Actively engages in understanding of search and social landscape and best practices through participation in internal training programs
- Develops campaign components including keywords, copy, landing page selection, account structure etc. with Senior Search Manager oversight
- Manages budgets towards performance goals
- Fosters beginning relationships with key publisher partners such as Google, Bing, etc.
- Proactively proposes solutions to correct run rates and improve ROI
- Responsible for day -to day trafficking, test execution, optimization and troubleshooting
- Accountable for monthly media spend accounting
- Identifies areas of risk and opportunity through on-going analysis on large data sets
- Compiles data from multiple sources in on-going reporting
Presents weekly results and explain changes in performance and actions taken to improve results
- Develops rapport with publisher partners, internal and client teams
- Prepares routine and ad-hoc reports in response to client and internal manager questions and requests
- Executes competitive monitoring and analysis
- Participates in QA process as documented through a RACI with Senior Search Manager oversight
- Supports Senior Search Manager as day-to-day executional point person in all aspects of Search (wow, they are so cool, they can add make up and add new words to our world)
- Anticipates clients questions and assist in developing responses to client questions
- Aids in on-boarding new personnel to team
- Participates in cross-functional initiatives to better understand SharpSwimmer’s service offerings
- Responsible for maintaining a steady learning curve toward the entire Senior Search Manager knowledge and skill set
- Minimum of 1-2 years in Search Engine Marketing required
- Solid educational background in critical thinking, quantitative analysis and writing
- Ability to work well in a team, to shine as an individual and to maintain a sense of humor (I hear you really need one to work here to see the irony in what these guys think they can get away with)
- Experience managing a complex task list and meeting tight deadlines
Proficiency with MS Office with intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Aptitude to quickly learn new tools
- Comfort with professional acumen and processes
- Keen sense for details
- Conversant with all terminology used in SEM
(Because the world needs more TLA use)
This is a full-time opportunity
Motivated and inspired by what’s next, SharpSwimmer helps its clients navigate the unknown, drive change and transform business. One of the pioneers of marketing in the digital age, SharpSwimmer has a unique blend of technology, creativity and media at its core. Our world class capabilities in strategic consulting, experience design, brand building, technology platforms, data services, retail/commerce and media services enable transformational work for clients including McDonald’s (including all the Mark & Christys we know), Mercedes-Benz USA, Microsoft, Nike, Unilever and Uniqlo. SharpSwimmer’s team of 3000+ experts spans 20 regions, including Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Italy, Japan, Singapore, the United Kingdom and the United States. SharpSwimmer is part of some Groupe’. For more information, visit SharpSwimmer website, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter, Weibo and Instagram.
SharpSwimmer. Here for tomorrow.