I think Learning PHP by myself will be a fun challenge. I have been a food blogger on Joomla since 2008, and then I started learning Drupal and now WordPress. They all are types of content management systems using PHP as the programming language, mySQL as the database. Which is why LAMP-stack programmers have been quite a hot ticket for a while, using Linux for the OS operating system and the Apache HTTP web server.
Steps towards Learning PHP
- What is PHP?
- Installing and configuring PHP and MySQL
- Figuring out LAMP
- Exploring data types
- Controlling code with logical expressions and loops
- Using PHP’s built-in functions
- Writing custom functions
- Building dynamic webpages
- Working with forms and form data
- Using cookies and sessions to store data
- Connecting to MySQL with PHP
- Creating and editing database records
- Building a content management system
- Adding user authentication
I hope you find Learning PHP as much as I do. Follow along.